The NCLEX-RN is a standardized exam held by the Board of nursing of each state. National Council Licensure Exam is carried out to ensure a candidate is qualified for the nursing practice at entry level. This exam does not evaluate the knowledge of the candidate rather it checks their thinking ability in critical moments. The test content is application-based which ensures an applicant has enough skills to make immediate judgments related to nursing.
Why Has NCLEX-RN Test Gained So Much Recognition?
This NCLEX-RN exam is a must for individuals who want to achieve a nursing license. Passing NCLEX-RN is one of the barriers that stand between a candidate and his or her dream of being a licensed nurse. The best part of this exam is one can reappear for it if they fail in their first attempt. Once a candidate passes this eligibility test he or she can work with patients and help them to a great extent.
Reasons to Study for NCLEX-RN Exam
Candidates who want to grow in the career of nursing must carry a license of the same in the States. The NCLEX is a must for these types of individuals. Passing this exam entitles a candidate the authority to practice nursing. The Exam checks the skills and the competency level of a nurse. The board, NCBSN has made this exam mandatory for nurses who are graduating. Clearing this exam means that a candidate is completely ready and have enough knowledge to attend patients and that they will not endanger the life of patients.
Ways to Get the Best Score in NCLEX-RN Test
- The candidates must go through their nursing textbooks again and study them thoroughly. They must read the summaries of every chapter and also solve the chapter tests.
- They must keep a positive attitude and be determined that they will crack the exam. They can take this exam as a challenge and win it.
- Studying, solving sample paper and reviewing must be done every single day. Even if one does not get long hours studying in short breaks will also be equally effective.
- Candidates must try to increase their study time and focus more on materials that they are less comfortable with.
- They must buy or subscribe to study materials with practice set. Even if one cannot afford he or she must search for free materials and practice sets available online.
Description of NCLEX-RN Exam
The number of questions a candidate answer is between 75 (which is the minimum) and 265 (the maximum number). Every candidate is required to answer an additional 15 questions which are experimental and is not counted in the final result. The answers are used by the administrators for the future questions in the same exam.
There is no fixed time limit for every question however the maximum time allotted for the complete NCLEX-RN test is 6 hours. The exam time includes a tutorial at the start of the test. The exam does not contain a compulsory break. Candidates can take an optional break after 2 hours of the exam and another after 3.5 hours.
NCLEX-RN exam of a candidate ends only when:
- A candidate answers a minimum number of questions, i.e. 75.
- A candidate fails to answer even the minimum number of questions, i.e. 75.
- A candidate has completed answering the complete question set, i.e. 265 questions.
- The total time allotted for the test is over.
The Personal Experience of Candidates Who Cracked NCLEX-RN Test
Nursing is a very helpful and rewarding profession. The nurses also receive several personal as well as financial benefits. The NCLEX-RN test can be really tough for candidates who do have English as their native language. The candidates who do not have knowledge about the NCLEX-RN exam structure can also face difficulties. Studying thoroughly and proper preparation is the only solution to these difficulties. A candidate who is confident about his or her preparation and about the exam can, however, complete the NCLEX RN Sample test very easily.
Importance of NCLEX-RN Sample Question Dumps and Guides
The sample exam dumps, guides and practice papers that are available over the internet and also offline have been helping candidates to prepare and pass the NCLEX-RN exam. These dumps assist candidates in bridging the knowledge gap and also to learn from mistakes. They offer the nursing candidates the focus they require to understand the exam strategies and questions better. The candidates can find out their weakness and put in extra effort to strengthen those parts.
Few Tricks to Pass NCLEX-RN Test with Flying Colors
- Having proper knowledge about the content and structure of the NCLEX-RN exam
- Having the ability to think critically and also possess the power of memorizing
- Stress managing skills
- Practice several practice sets every day.
- Candidates must attend the exam only when they are fully prepared.
- Candidates must have a structured study plan.
- Candidates must keep calm before the exam and while answer it.
- Candidates must not get disappointed from any setbacks as one can reappear for the exam.
Best Books for Candidates to Who Want to Pass NCLEX-RN Exam the First Attempt
- Saunders Comprehensive Review by Linda Anne Silvestri
- Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN by Diane Billings
- Saunders 2018-2019 Strategies for Test Success by Angela Silvestri and Linda Anne Silvestri.
- NCLEX-RN Exam Cram (5th Edition) by Diann Sloan and Wilda Rinehart
- Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Exam by Hesi
- NCLEX: Mental Health Disorders by Chase Hassen
- The Comprehensive NCLEX-RN Review by ATI Nursing Education
- NCLEX-RN Prep Plus 2018 by Kaplan Nursing
- Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students by Chase Hassen and Bradley J. Wojcik
- Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Nursing for NCLEX-RN Exam by Judith S. Green and Dolores F. Saxton
The basic plan to which an aspirant must stick to for passing the NCLEX-RN exam is to spend a minimum of 30 to 60 days of time spending simply on studying the practice sets, exam materials, and guides that are available online. This pattern of studying must be targeted to the most effective level and must be done with utmost efficiency.There are chances for the aspirants who fail in the exam to reappear for the same after a waiting period of forty-five days from taking the initial exam. The cost of appearing in the exam is approximately 200 US dollars. This exam is considered to be the best for the aspirants desiring to graduate in nursing. The hard-work and the money spent is justified on clearing the exam in the first attempt.